Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ballet Wednesday #12

Today is such good timing for Ballet Wednesday because today when I logged onto the computer I saw the pretty little google sign animated in memory of Martha Graham.  Today is the day Martha Graham was born.  A legendary Choreographer as well as dancer.  So for her birthday this ballet Wednesday is for her.    She had an astounding impact in the dance world and brought whole new meanings to the forms of modern dance.



Photos found on google images

"I have spent all my life with dance and being a dancer. It's permitting life to use you in a very intense way. Sometimes it is not pleasant. Sometimes it is fearful. But nevertheless it is inevitable."  -Martha Graham


another lovely post on Martha can be found here at this amazing blog! =) <3

2 comments:

  1. I like the Graham quote - and it's true! The dancer's life is intense.

    Thank you so much for posting a link to my blog! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lust lust lusting this blog!!! great style :) Now following you!

    www.lovelywanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete